1. Hearing somebody snort loudly is not uncommon (but still always surprising).
2. Most people travel to work on public transport.
3. You need a lot of body butter/vaseline to get through the winter (for SA, this is true for the central areas)
4. There’s an appreciation and enjoyment of The Outdoors.
5. Toddlers have tantrums in shops.
6. Most people clean their own homes.
7. Cooking over a fire with some beers is great way to spend time with friends.
8. There’s a lot of silent history about the treatment of indigenous people.
9. Tomatoes cost R25 per kilo out of season and they don’t taste very nice.
10. People walk around on sunny days in winter, just for sommer.